PDA

View Full Version : Learn hardware firmware and software design

spin
29-10-2009, 12:34 PM
http://ifile.it/j0iofg/lhfasd.zip
tặng cả nhà..
xem hộ link này với: http://www.picvietnam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=30657#post30657
-->LEARN HARDWARE FIRMWARE AND SOFTWARE DESIGN

* Publisher: O G Popa
* Number Of Pages: 368
* Publication Date: 2005-05
* Sales Rank: 932755
* ISBN / ASIN: 0973567872
* EAN: 9780973567878
* Binding: Audio CD
* Manufacturer: O G Popa
* Studio: O G Popa
* Average Rating: 4
* Total Reviews: 5
Review:

Best book for starting firmware programming with dsPIC controllers

I bought many books on hardware and firmware design, but there is none like Learn Hardware Firmware and Software Design. This book is a genius creation and it delivers 200% of the title topics!

Few months ago a friend of mine told me he had started a successful firmware course based on the LHFSD book. I thought he was joking, because it is not possible to learn hardware, firmware, and software design from a single book, no matter how good that book is. Later, I was browsing Microchip University web site and I discovered amazed the LHFSD book right there. There were five books presented in one Microchip document, and LHFSD was one of them. I bought the book, although I still had some reservations. After I finished reading it I bought the HCK kit from Corollary Theorems and I worked with all firmware and software programs in the book. Everything worked flawlessly!

The first part in this book explains how to build the hardware HCK kit based on the dsPIC30F4011 80 MHz controller. I could have built the HCK myself, but I know any prototype takes some time, at least two PCB attempts, and it is expensive to build. Therefore, buying the HCK from Corollary Theorems was a welcome alternative. The interesting aspect comes in the second part of the book firmware design and it continues until the end of software design. Although I have about five years in software programming I have to admit I learned a lot from this book. The most intriguing aspect to me is how the author manages to implement extremely difficult firmware and software tasks into very simple pieces of firmware and software code. Mr. O G POPA is a genius!

The LHFSD book is not very thick, but that is not all. This book is in fact a very complex system, because O G POPA indicates at each chapter additional sources of information. The book directs you to complex datasheets, firmware and software compilers, plus the programs presented are not that easy to understand. Despite the apparent simplicity of the firmware and software programs explained in this book a teacher can help a lot by explaining the code.

This book is particularly suited for hardware and firmware courses, because it is a practical design from cover to cover. It is very well structured though it is presented in the maximum compressed form possible. Everybody will learn all necessary knowledge to start working with the entire Microchip family of dsPIC controllers.

I do recommend this book to anybody interested in hardware and firmware design.

chúc vui.